Why do we need to know if you are a member of PRS?
Songwall has a PRS online music license which means if you are a member of PRS, every time you receive a download transaction through our website, in addition to the actual money you receive from the download, you are also entitled to revenue share from PRS.
There are many music sites on the internet and apparently it’s impossible to track all data of what has been sold which is why we take it as part of our battle cry to report all our sales to PRS to ensure that you get paid the money you are owed.
If you are not a member of PRS you still receive full payment from Songwall.
Why should you join PRS?
If you are performing your own songs or compositions publicly, you should be being rewarded for these performances and PRS can help you make sure that this happens. However, this is not all PRS can do for you.
- Fast and efficient collection and payment of your UK and international royalties
- Quarterly royalty payments
- Fully detailed and easily understood statements, delivered directly to your inbox
- Accurate radio and television analysis, royalties are attributed to actual performances
- A log-in to manage your membership and music portfolio online (online works registration, easy access to our database and matching of unpaid performances)
- Direct access to broadcaster logs ensures accurate payments for radio and TV usage, using the latest tracking technologies to identify other usage
- International network of society agreements enables royalties to be collected for the use of your works in around 100 countries worldwide
- A dedicated team monitors overseas performances and international income to ensure timely, accurate and complete royalty payments
- We are at the forefront of licensing new platforms in Europe – online, podcasts, ringtones, mobile TV